Friday 12 August 2011

I Can Sing

I am not a good singer. I can't carry a tune. I don't know why. I've talked to God about it...a lot.

My music teacher in elementary school said "who's voice is that?"
My Mother said "Are you singing?"
and John would say "I heard you."

These were not meant to be encouraging comments, but I learned to laugh about it, I accept it. And right now there are times when I just don't care what anyone thinks or says, I just do it...but not in public.

One thing I am determined to do, is to have my grandchildren hear me sing. I want to share that with them, songs from my childhood, from their parents sunday school days. I don't know many and I don't always know all the words, but I choose to do it anyway. I have discovered they love it. That's a nice surprise. They say, sing this one, sing that other one and sing it again!

The other morning in church I was holding Presley through out the worship time. As each song melted into the next, I could feel her relaxing and pressing her little body to mine, putting her ear to my mouth listening to my voice...then she lifted her little face to mine and kissed me right on the lips.

Ahhh...love...everything is perfect in love.

I can sing.