Wednesday 6 July 2011

The Truth will set you free

Our sermon on Sunday was on injustice, it was thought provoking and compelling.

I'm reading a book that speaks to this same theme of injustice. It is interesting how God speaks through people, sermons and books. I love that. He is telling me something.

I downloaded this book to my sony reader, it was offered for free and I thought I would try it.
The Swan House, a story of injustice, but also a story of faith and freedom. It's told by a young teenage girl and is set in the 60's, it speaks to the injustices done to blacks, to jews, to the poor and to the mentally ill and it speaks to death. It speaks to faith and standing by it.

Injustice, loss and faith.

We all have our sufferings our losses and what we see as injustices, we find ourselves calling out to God as Habakkuk did "How long Lord?" and "Can't You do something?" "Save him" "Save me..."

What I love knowing is that God loves to hear our hearts that cry out to Him...it speaks to our faith. Faith in Him. We all see or feel injustices, some of us everyday.
We can't all do everything, but we can do something... Pray, understand, search for Truth, have Faith.
Hope...besides, our Lord witnessed suffering ...He suffered too.

"No wound. No
scar?
Yet as the Master
shall the servant be.
And pierced are
the feet that follow
Me.
But
thine are whole.
Can he have followed far
who
has no wound,
No scar?"
"Our suffering will be used by God to help someone else who is suffering...it is never wasted...
God's Word is incredibly rich. His Bible provides us with all we need to know to live in this hard hard world."
Miss Abigale, The Swan House