Wednesday 16 November 2011

This changes everything.

Yes, I'm still reading Bonhoeffer, soon and very soon I will be done...maybe. I'm trying to take everything in, I am always finding something. Today the words I found were connected to both bible studies I am doing, they speak to making adjustments and giving up all. Here are Bonhoeffer's words,

"Who stands fast? Only the man whose final standard is not his reason, his principles, his conscience, his freedom, his virtue, but who is ready to sacrifice all this when he is called to obedient and responsible action in faith and in exclusive allegiance to God - the responsible man, who tries to make his whole life an answer to the question and call of God."

What amazing words, to make your whole life an answer to the question and call of God...

The book by Blackaby this past week has been talking about adjustments, making adjustments to our life, he says "you cannot stay where you are and go with God at the same time" He talks about Elisha, Noah, Abram, Moses, David, Amos, Jonah, Peter, James, John and Matthew and Saul. They all had to leave something, they had to give up all they knew to continue with God. Responsible men who made major adjustments to the call of God.

The other book I am studying talks about Paul in Prison, Paul says, "for me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain." In prison or out of prison, from the time he had to make his major adjustment, he makes it plain that his whole life is an answer to the question and call of God.

Right now I am still waiting, waiting to see what God is calling me to do, what He is preparing me for, but, as soon as I hear the call I'm looking forward to making the adjustments.

I have just come out of a major adjustment. I gave up my husband, I gave him to God. He made a major adjustment too. He gave up everything he knew to go with God... I was there the day he said "This changes everything." His final stand was not his reason, but obedience, through God's grace he made the adjustment...and went with God. I love that, I love knowing that.

I love knowing this, even Jesus had to make adjustments. Jesus gave up all riches and His position in Heaven to come to this earth, to be poor and to suffer...

"He became poor, so that you through His poverty might become rich."
2 Corinthians 8:9

I am rich, I know to whom I belong...God...and this changes everything.