Wednesday 7 September 2011

Outstanding

And so it all begins...

Two of my grandsons started school this week, Ivan in Kindergarten and Kenzie in Pre K. Their mothers have been worried because the one has been a little shy and unsure, although he proved to be very good and very brave! He didn't look around to see where mommy was standing, he had friends to help him, they knew what to do and where to go.
Yes, Ivan was outstanding!

The other has been known to bolt looking for something else to do.

When I was out watching one of Kenzie's soccer games, I asked his coach if there were others like him, she replied, "we're hoping there's just one." In the end I was afraid to watch, I went to catch Gracie's game instead...safer I thought.

Last year when the up and coming Pre-K's were to go for a practice run at taking in the experience of going to school, Kenzie decided his experience would be outstanding. On the bus Riley had given him a few instructions. I'm pretty sure he listened, because he's a good listener, the trouble is he doesn't always apply what he hears. When the bus stopped at the school, all the children got off, yes, even Kenzie, only he didn't go to the school. He made a run out to left field, the big boys were out there, and he was going with them. Kindergarten was out, he was out standing with the big boys.

When they finally did get him to the classroom, I'm pretty sure he only made one more attempt at running, I'm not sure where they found him.

So far, this year, he hasn't made a run for it...but then he's just finished the first day...well, the bus hasn't brought him home yet. We hope he's still on it.