Sunday 22 April 2012

Right Now

I am remembering a lesson I learned not that long ago; be content, right where you are, in the life you are living right now.  Rob talked about that sort of thing this morning, not about being content but about saying yes, right now, where you are, despite who you are right now.

Sometimes days sneak up on me and I find myself not particularly liking where I am right now.  I want something else, if only this or if only that.  I don’t want to be who I am, I want to be her, I want to be doing what he is doing or wouldn’t it be great if I could do what she just did.
 
Sometimes lonely sneaks up on me and I find myself not wanting to be who I am right now.  I want to be doing this or doing that ...with someone.  Wouldn’t it be great if I was someone else right now.

Sometimes feeling sorry for myself sneaks up on me.  I despise that, what fun is that?  What good is that?  Well, the one good thing about it is that if I realize that I am feeling sorry for myself that means I can stop it...thankfully.  I am so happy when I realize that I have been doing it and I can get back to being who I am right now, with the life I have been given.  I can get back to the last thing God told me to do right now with who I am right now in the place where I am right now.

Right now; those are the words that spoke to me this morning.  Right now, I am waiting on God, waiting on a word from Him, waiting for when He will say, ‘Here is the way, walk in it’  ‘Here is the road take it’ ‘Here are the words, say them’ ‘Just go, I will be with you.’

Moses was concerned about who he was, when God asked him to go, Moses said “Who am I?”  God responded with “I will go with you...say it is I AM who has sent you”  God redirects Moses' thinking about who he is to who God is.  It's as if He is saying don’t be concerned with who you are right now, be concerned with “I AM”  I will be with you.

So right now I have been redirected from who I am to who God is, how great is that?  Starting from here, right now, just the way I am; I say yes, I’m in it for the long haul, I choose yes.

And right now He accepts me as I am... I love that.

"What You want from me I can do it right now. I can do it right now."  
Sara Groves