Tuesday 21 May 2013

Dots of Bloody Dirt

But who has plumbed the depths of God’s love? 
  Only God has.  “Want to see the size of my love?” He invites. 
  “Ascend the winding path outside of Jerusalem.  Follow the dots of bloody dirt until you crest the hill.  Before looking up, pause and hear me whisper, “This is how much I love you."           
Max Lucado
                                                                                  
I am on my way, and soon I will be walking the winding paths outside of Jerusalem, and I will be taking it all in, listening to the lingering whispers He has spoken as He walked on those paths, I will be feeling the remnants of His words left on the rocks as I step over them, and in the air, I will hear Him whispering still. 

All around me I will hear the echoes of His footfalls and I will be amazed. I am expecting the air itself will be clamoring with the noise of the echoes; I will not know where to look, to step, to move at all, my ears will be filled with the sounds of His whisper…here is the way, walk in it. 

Shhh, here and here and here…just one step more and listen, He is saying “I was here and I am still… I will be in the still small whisper.”  This is what I will hear, moments of Him.
 
This is how I imagine it.

My bags are packed and I will be leaving soon on a plane heading out over land and sea and then touching down In Tel Aviv, from there touring this amazing part of the world Tiberius, Jerusalem, Bethlehem, and Nazareth.  I will be eating Kosher, Peter’s fish, and the fruits of the season.  I will be swimming in the Dead Sea, looking out to the Sea of Galilee and stepping into the Jordan River.  I will quietly walk through Gethsemane and walk the Via Dolorosa; on to Golgotha…I will see the Tomb, and on the Sabbath I will pray in the Holy City…looking up.

 I will be walking where Jesus walked…following the dots of bloody dirt.

Life will be different, I will be knowing this and I will be feeling it.

Walking where Christ walked…

I love that.