Monday 11 February 2013

Being Clear


“A woman’s heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her”
Max Lucado

I want to share some of the things I have learned from my Bible Study this past week, I’m doing two, and I have been learning amazing things.  Words and ideas given to me by Kelly Minter and Andy Stanley, deep thoughts and blunt plans, desires of the heart and soul, words from God, felt deeply by me, rolling around in my mind, loud like thunder, quickened by sharp bolts of lightening.  Other words spoken to my soul, placed softly, laying there sweetly, waiting for me to lay my heart down amongst them, knowing I will. I will.

I’ve learned that God is putting His arm around me saying “I’ve got you.”  I need to know that.

I’ve learned that If God is asking me to lay something down for the greater good, He is able to repay me lavishly, my rights, to that something, will never outrun His blessings, even if those blessings aren’t revealed until heaven ...even if.

I’ve learned that I need to have a vision, stated clearly, for myself, that when I clarify who God created me to be and what he wants me to do I can more easily determine what opportunities fit into that vision and which ones don’t.  Being clear with my vision, for me.

I’ve learned that I need to be on my guard, that where I may have viewed an invitation as an olive branch, a chance to reconcile or to hug, the intentions meant, may be for my down fall.  I learned that when Nehemiah was confronted with this type of intention he saw it as a distraction, he quickly realized an imposter.  Something clearly tipped him off…he would not let the distraction stop him from the vision he had set for himself and he was clear “But, I prayed, 'Now strengthen my hands'”

And I pray “God, please, be clear, strengthen my hands, my heart, my mind, my coming and my going”

Being clear, I want that...I need that. 

I’ve learned that I need reminders, to read and to re-read, to look again and to say it again, and again. Heavenly Father, I cannot, but You can…Your grace is sufficient for me, sustaining grace, in-spite-of grace.  Yes, in-spite-of grace given to me, again and again.  God saying “I’ve got you.”

I‘ve learned that by beginning my day with declaring my need and putting my reliance on God is one of the best habits I can ever take up…out of bed on my knees praying.

“It is a declaration that you need rivers of living water to bubble up and flow through your heart, mind, and emotions.  It is an acknowledgement that you believe God is able and willing to sustain you in-spite-of what’s happened in the past and what’s happening around you now…relying on God’s sustaining grace.”

Yes, sustaining grace, amazing grace, God clearly saying “I’ve got you!”   

Being clear…I love that