Sunday 30 October 2011

The Princess and the happy ending

When I was in Ontario, visiting my grandchildren there, I had many opportunities to read stories. My oldest granddaughter, who is soon turning 7, loves to read, so I had many stories read to me as well.

What a pleasure listening to the stories unfold, told in the voice of my own little princess. Many of them were about girls who were looking for a princess or wanting to be one or found out they were one.

Such adventures, but as we read, we discovered something...every girl can be a princess. Inside every girl there is a princess.

From the stories we read, we found out that there are three things that can determine if you are a true princess, kindness to others, generosity to the poor and beauty...on the inside. How wonderful to know that by showing kindness, being generous and letting our beauty shine we can be a princess in our own right. There is no one who can take away this truth. But, like it happens in some stories, you may think that there are those who can make you feel unworthy or inferior...some 'mean step-mother'' or a 'wicked queen' or an 'evil king'.

Now, another lesson we learned from our stories was that 'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. " a quote from 'Barbie Princess Charm School'. I love that, a lesson from Barbie...no one can make you feel less than you are. What a concept, no one can make me feel less than I am!

The Bible says we are royalty with the King...I am remembering a study we did on Tamar. Tamar was treated badly by Amnon, very badly...raped and then tossed aside, forgotten. Apparently, she lived the rest of her life feeling unworthy and believed the lie that Amnon left her with. The truth is no action by Amnon could change her bloodline, she was the daughter of a king. As are we, we are joint heirs with Christ, we are royalty. If we are not royalty, He is not King.

"The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor Him for He is your Lord. All glorious is the princess within her chamber; her gown is interwoven with gold. In embroidered garments she is led to the King; her companions follow her. They are led in with joy and gladness; they enter the palace of the King." Psalm 45 : 11-15

The truth is I am His princess and He is enthralled by my beauty! No one can take that from me...or from you...our story does have a happy ending.