Friday 19 August 2011

Left or Right?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right
but the heart of the fool to the left
even as he walks along the road." Ecclesiastes 10:2

I came across this scripture in my day, somehow, a week or so ago, there was no context, it was just there and it has sat in my mind.

What do you make of it?

Left or right? Why is left extended to the fool and the wise given to the right...how would you know? It doesn't seem fair and I haven't been able to get it out of my mind.

I've been reading the Postmistress, a very thought provoking book, I'm not finished it yet but I came across this sentence...

"... every story - love or war - is a story about looking left when we should have been looking right."

Somehow, I think it's true, I think if you look back on some of your 'stories' you may in fact see that you should never have turned left, you should never have turned down that road or taken that 'left-handed' view. In my last 'story'
(in hindsight) I can see that the fool turned to the left...but thankfully she didn't make the complete turn, she kept looking right.

Left or right, your story - love or war - along your road, how have you walked it?

Regardless, left or right, coming or going, yearning to be wise or was the fool, keep this scripture in mind as you walk along your roads, you won't go wrong...

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21